serves as an independent source for information and guidance on developing
chemical management service programs. CSP’s agenda is comprised
of the following elements:
- CSP provides information and assistance to companies / organizations interested in developing a CMS Program. For more information, see
Getting Started: Initiate a CMS Program at your Facility.
- On a limited basis, CSP works
with manufacturing companies to continue to test and expand the CMS
model. CSP provides
guidance and consultation to guide the companies through the process of developing
a CMS program.
For more information, see Pilot Programs.
- CSP is researching new
industry sectors to test the viability of the CMS model in new
sectors (research, biotech, universities, K-12 schools). CSP is also examining the
effects of e-commerce on the CMS industry and the viability of
certification for CMS providers.
For more information, see CMS Industry Reports and our white paper on CMS in Pharma and Biotech.
- CSP will continue to disseminate
information and provide assistance to manufacturers through workshops,
case studies, presentations, publications, and reference materials.
- CSP is working
with policy makers to establish CMS as a best practice for environmental management.
- CSP is pursuing initiatives that will expand the CMS model to Europe
- CSP is the program manager for the CSP membership,
a coalition of chemical management service providers, their customers, tier II chemical
suppliers, and other stakeholders interested in promoting CMS.